Hsin Yeow’s thoughts: My Way
It’s been three months since A Little Dream last performed at Peony-Jade. I was so happy that Thomas and Nicole got married there because I missed the friendly staff and great food! Kenny, the manager, was manning the fort that evening, and we managed to catch up during a rehearsal break.
James and I had a fantastic time at the wedding because we got really enthusiastic reactions from the guests.
– When James and I started our set, I saw couples turning their chairs to face the stage. One lady sang (very loudly) along with me, and serenaded her husband, who looked amused and touched at the same time.
– While I was singing Grow Old With You, this little girl was toe-tapping along with James during the interval. It sounded like she had been taking tap dancing classes!
– Song requests came thick and fast. I sang 家后 (Queen Of The House) for the bride’s father, who wanted to hear a Hokkien number. Another guest requested My Way, a song that James could play without any prior rehearsal.
– There were three toddlers laughing, swaying, and hopping along with me onstage. Their laughter was infectious and I couldn’t stop grinning when I saw them enjoying the music.
– The happy faces of Thomas and Nicole as James and I bid them goodbye. Thomas clasped my hand in his and shook it enthusiastically, thanking me for the music. I wanted to say to him, “The pleasure was all mine.” Congratulations Thomas and Nicole!
P.S. I had a post-wedding high when James, a guest at the wedding, contacted me a day after to engage us for his wedding. Thanks, James!
Band: Hsin Yeow, James
L-R: James, Thomas, Nicole, Hsin Yeow
至少还有你 (At Least There Is You) (1st March-in), Every Day I Love You, Fallen, Grow Old With You, Love Me, Love Will Keep Us Alive, More Than Words, Somebody, When You Say Nothing At All, Wonderful Tonight, Can’t Help Falling In Love, Close To You, If, It Might Be You, Come Fly With Me, Dream A Little Dream, The Way You Look Tonight, 爱很简单 (Love Is Very Simple), 世界唯一的你 (The Only You In This World), Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
家后 (Queen Of The House), My Way
Compliments from Thomas and Nicole:
Hi Hsin Yeow,
My wedding is finally over. Thanks for the great performance on my wedding night! Everyone commented that you sang very well.
Hope you’ve also enjoy yourself on that night. Last but not least, i recommended you to my friend James as he attended my wedding and is interested to engage you for his wedding night.
If things goes well, I will meet you again soon. All the best to you and have a happy properous new year!
Keep up the good work!